Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hearts



My sister Eanne bought this Tiffany bracelet for me about 10 years ago.  I have loved this bracelet and almost never took it off for a long, long time.  Notice how the heart isn't attached anymore, and you can see the break at the top of the charm, where it would hang from the bracelet...I lost the charm about a year ago or more.  I noticed one day it wasn't there...so I took the bracelet off and decided I would buy a new charm later...but God had other plans.

A few days before Shrav's surgery, I was out on the deck watering flowers and Shrav came out of the house and was hanging out with me on the deck.  I had the floodlight on so I could see everything as it was late....well, I looked down and my eye fell on a glint in between two deck boards....it looked like it could have been the edge of a dime or maybe a quarter.  Not wanting to miss the chance to find some loose change :P  we got some scissors and slid them between the deck boards to push the coin up and out....the first time, it jumped up and out, then right back down in between the boards....and I could see then what it was.  We got another pair of scissors and came under it from both directions and finally retrieved the heart.  The symbolism here is incredible, and the timing could have only come from God.  A heart returned to its rightful place....it reminded me of being in India with mom, Wendi and Bailey and we were waiting to go get Shrav from her care center, and everywhere we went,  there was an extra/empty chair at our table, reminding us why we were there in the first place.  God would fill the empty place.  And he brings hearts back where they belong.

Feels like there is some scripture that should go here...the Bible mentions the word heart(s) 874 times.  The heart is the seat of faith, and I would love to share a great verse about the heart, but am drawing a blank. If anyone has favorite verse about the heart, please comment and share yours!

Love to you....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not an expert when it comes to this. Didn't even know this was possible. Useful read, appreciate your posting this.