Saturday, July 14, 2012

Joy


"I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart - WHERE? - down in my heart - WHERE? - down in my heart....I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart - WHERE? - down in my heart today!"

This song just came to mind - and it fits very well the feeling of weightless joy I have had this past week.  Shravani is at home getting rested and is doing great.  We saw her pediatrician this week and he was amazed, shook his head (with a huge smile) and said "This is incredible - an adult would never be walking around this way a week and a half after surgery..."  She wasn't just walking, she was bopping, in her half-skipping, half-running way.

She ate two pieces of pizza in one sitting at her grandma and grandpa's house on Thursday - other heart moms will get how huge this is - she actually ate two whole pieces of pizza, on her own, without someone cajoling, begging, pleading, bribing or insisting.  I wanted to rent out a marquis in Times Square to share the news....

There are changes in Shrav - it's as if the lights have come on inside of her mind.  There is a sense of calm in her that I've never seen.  She can sit still on my lap and pay attention to something.  The agitation that was almost always near the surface - that frenetic need to be moving in some direction physically - isn't there now.  Two people who know us well have used the same word to describe how Shrav seems since we got out of the hospital - they said she seems 'older'.  Interesting.  She is able to be quiet when she wants to, and isn't nervous while doing so.

I have been skipping back and forth on the blog between updates on Shrav and the spiritual journey my life has been taking.  Today I'm going to blend them a little bit so you can see what I've been seeing and possibly notice a pattern with everything.   Today the Beth Moore study was on God's faithfulness.  It shared numerous old testament prophecies and showed their fulfillments in the new testament verse by verse. She shared from the journal Science Speaks (author Peter Stoner) that if you take only 8 fulfilled prophecies (out of the 61 total), the probability of all 8 being fulfilled is 1 in 10 to the 17th power.  That is 100,000,000,000,000,000 - using silver dollars to illustrate - this many silver dollars would cover the state of Texas and be piled two feet deep!  Now, mark one of the silver dollars and let a blind person walk into Texas - the chance that he/she would pick up the marked coin is 1 in 10 to the 17th power.   Wow.

The evidence is so strong for God's existence and the truth of His Word - many people who have started out with the goal of disproving Him, have come to believe.  If you are reading this and for your own reasons have chosen not to believe in God, I would ask you to reconsider.  To honestly seek and with your whole heart - and let God show himself faithful to you.

   

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love this glow! What a sweetie! Her lips are so wonderfully pink too!!

Congrats on the pizza Shrav! That's incredible!